Tofu and mushroom pepes is a rich and nutritious Indonesian dish that offers a delightful fusion of flavors. This dish boasts the savory goodness of tofu, enveloped in traditional spices, and enhanced with mushrooms, resulting in a delicious and wholesome meal. Here’s a simple recipe to make this appetizing tofu and mushroom pepes.
- 250 grams of tofu, diced
- 150 grams of mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, bruised
- 2 banana leaves (for wrapping)
- Coconut oil for greasing banana leaves
- Salt to taste
- 3 shallots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 5 red chilies (adjust according to your spice preference)
- 2 cm turmeric
- 1 cm ginger
- 1 cm galangal
- Salt to taste
- Grind all the ingredients for the spice paste with a pinch of salt until it becomes a smooth paste.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the tofu, mushrooms, spice paste, bay leaves, kaffir lime leaves, and lemongrass. Mix well.
- Prepare the banana leaves and grease them with coconut oil to prevent the pepes from sticking.
- Divide the tofu and mushroom mixture into portions and place each portion on a banana leaf. Fold the banana leaves and secure them with kitchen twine or corn husk.
- Steam the pepes in a steamer for about 30-40 minutes.
- Tofu and mushroom pepes is ready to be served. Unwrap the package to release the aromatic scent.
This tofu and mushroom pepes can be served as a side dish with rice or enjoyed as a tasty snack. With its combination of tofu, mushrooms, and traditional Indonesian spices, it is a healthy and flavorsome culinary choice. Try this recipe at home and savor its deliciousness!
Sumber Dari : Rinaresep.com